I Tiona am a young African American woman. I arrived to the Popeyes Location on Bergen Ave Jersey City,NJ to be greeted by a young female who has been working here for quite sometime because ive seen her she has served me on many occasions.

Tonight July 21 at 830pm its POURING RAIN I Got Off My BUS To grab dinner and when i went to place my order with the SAME young lady who has taken my order over a dozen times i give her my receipt with my survey code she takes the recipt then says "Wait 1 Second" she walks to the back and comes out with another young lady who says to me "No you cant use this" so i reply "is there some kind of problem?" She replies " Yeah.. You only have 1 receipt but it says you paid with a debit card so we need both receipts" so i reply "well here is the debit card im going to use the exact same one will this suffice?" Her reply (very Rude) "NO ITS NOT!! AND ANYWAY YOU DID NOT MAKE THE PURCHASE AT MY STORE SO GO BACK TO THE STORE WHERE YOU MADE THE FIRST PURCHASE CAUSE WE NOT ACCEPTING THIS!!!" Now Im In full shock!! I say to her well Miss this is not my first time making a purchase with the survey here at this location with receipts from the other popeyes on Monmouth Street When im at work!" Her reply yet again VERY LOUD "WELL I DONT CARE I SAID NO THATS IT IF YOU DONT LIKE YOU CAN GO..." then i along with 3 other customers start to ask her why the atttitude why so nasty..

I DONT CARE WHATEVER YOU CAN GO!!! So iasked can you show me where it says we have to use the redemption code at original store of purchase and her reply 'I DONT HAVE TO SHOW ANYTHING IM TELLING YOU WITH MY MOUTH" SO I Reply is this how you treat ALL customers is this how you treat all customers of color??! She is now speaking to fellow coworkers in her native language i reply this will NOT be accepted this will not be tolerated i can have coprate on the line and ask if this is acceptable her reply I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY WHAT EVER GET OUT LITTLE BLACK GIRL ALL YOU BLACK THINK LIKE YOU BOSS IM BOSS MY STORE GET OUT and raises her hand to give the "peace" sign. I am willing to give my credit/debit card information to represent how loyal a customer i am to the Popeyes family but to be treated in such a way as if I OR MY MONEY does not matter is hurtful.

I felt embarassed i was wet from the rain on top of it all i got off my bus timed myself to place my order grab the order and be done in time for the next bus so i dont get even wetter. But that did not happen.

I am so hurt and i hope i recieve some sort of acknowledgement for this matter. I can be reached by phone at (97e)816-5941 or email davistiona1985@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Manager.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

You people are always trying to cheat the system. She was doing her job.

Maybe you should get one so you can get a car and not have to take the bus. But with all the free EBT I pay for why would you?

@2020

WHY ARE YOU FINDING TIME IN YOUR BUSY WORK SCHEDULE REPLYING TO A POPEYES COMPLAINT..... HERE'S THE FUNNY PART TO THIS... YOUR WORDS DONT MEAN A DAMN THING

@Anonymous

Umm, this is an review website. Everybody is allowed to respond to anybody.

People are allowed to call out and confront entitled people for the way they act. Just like this person, the reviewer.

@Anonymous

Oh, boo-hoo. You're just mad and angry because people are calling out and confronting customers that deserve it. Why don't you take your hate speech and stick up your...

@Anonymous

Agreed. We need to stop customers like this! No employee or manager need to deal with customers like this!

@Anonymous

Nobody has to much time onto their hands for calling out entitled people. It's not everybody else's fault you're stuck at being stupid for not understanding that!

@Anonymous

Sounds like you should not be playing the race and entitlement card. If you're going to play stupid games and prizes with the employees and managers then you're going to get burned!

Life Lesson: You should have someone teach you and educate you onto that! Dummy!

@Anonymous

Sounds like you got a little too much time on your hands. Just like the person writing all over the money. Only someone with plenty of free time on their hands would take the time to write all over the money just as someone with way too much time on their hands would take the time to construct mean spirited complaints to people who are complaining about the poor quality of the food and service that they are getting at one of the all too common sleazy fast food "restaurants", where they feed you breezy meals and where the way that they treat you makes you feel like dirt.

@Anonymous

and clearly this customer is playing the race and entitlement card. People are allowed to call out and confront customers for lying and fabricating!

@Anonymous

If anybody's word does not mean anything, it is yours. It's clear you're the one from the review. And you're just mad and angry for people calling you for the way you're acting.

@2020

Actually she was not doing her job. Popeyes allows redemption codes from any store as long as it is in the same district.

Maybe you should educate yourself and leave your little fast food job. Then maybe you won’t be so angry.

You mean to tell me that your time is worth so little to you that you were willing to go through ALL OF THAT just to save a few bucks??? You know, you still have to buy the large drink, so it's not really like you are getting it for free. But still, they should have valued you as a customer and just given it to you without *** you off and making you get all upset.

As a white person, I want to apologize to all of the African Americans for their ancestors have been slaves and also for all of the rude and ignorant and hateful treatment that many white people have inflicted on yall over the years. Also, I want to apologize to all of the native americans who had their country stolen from them by the white man, and for all of the injustices done to them!

I think that we should all put aside the racism and come together as one human family. I love you all my black brothers and sisters and I wish everyone a wonderful life and happiness.

@ImGoingToHaveToRemainAnonymous

She is racist as well pointed out White person but then said the lady spoke in Her language. Picture is not of a white person.

So she is so racist anyone not black must be white. Quit worrying about other peoples color and they will get over yours

@Anonymous

I'm white, but I sound exactly like a black person over the phone. I have been called the N word more than once and have had other rude comments about my perceived race spoken to me over the phone. So I can relate to what black people are talking about when they say that they are treated badly simply because of the color of their skin.

@Anonymous

This isn't racial profiling. This is another sad and bad example of an entitled customer that does understand the rules and the polices to store and looking to start something with the employees and managers. This customer is looking for attention to play the race and entitlement card.

@Anonymous

And it saddens me people like you are playing the race and entitlement card. It's so clear you're looking for attention and fame.

You're going to be called out and confronted for the way you're acting! You're a coward for doing that!

@Anonymous

They always let me take my backpack with me when I eat at Popeye's. If they would tell me that I had to leave it at the door, I would simply go eat elsewhere. It saddens me that the quality of the food and service at Popeye's has been declining.

@Anonymous

The managers and the employees do not need to be getting treated like garbage and trash by entitled customers. No manager or employee should put up with that!

I am going to guess you're the one from the review or encouraging that to happen. You're not fooling anybody with that mindset.

@ImGoingToHaveToRemainAnonymous

Nobody should be racist too anybody. It's so bad and sad you're not able to understand that!

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Reviews