Steven Y Zyv

| map-marker Harrison, Arkansas

Inadequate fulfillment of orders & service

Being from Northwest Florida and later living in New Orleans, I virtually grew up on Popeyes.

And as far as I was concerned until last year, Popeyes was the best fried chicken place in the universe. That was until we finally got one in my local town of Harrison, AR.

We were super-excited to have one opening soon, and when it arrived, we tried our best to be happy with it.

But we gave it four chances, and every one had issues - sometimes major ones. Now, we wont go to Popeyes anywhere, because these combined with an experience in the Little Rock area mean our last five visits have been bad experiences. And while the manager in Little Rock (Maurice Utsey) was apologetic and wanted to make it right with a replacement meal, weve not gotten a single response about ANY of the issues with the Harrison, AR location despite several tries.

My experiences are exclusive to Arkansas, but heres the thing. I have loads of friends in NOLA whove been eating Popeyes since Copeland opened the first one, and they arent happy, either.

Some wont set foot in the place any longer. They dont like the much smaller pieces (which I also noticed in Harrison but not Little Rock so it has been in the last three years) combined with the much higher prices and the constant errors and are turning to Churchs - especially since Churchs offers spicy chicken now.

All told, Ive spent over $100 for five meals that were wrong. But before I give up on the company completely, I figured I would try contacting at the corporate level and hope for a response.

The following email was sent April 15, 2023, forwarded with a follow up for a fourth visit on May 10, 2023, and all of it forwarded again on June 15, 2023. Since every visit was a problem and there was no accountability, I have not been back to this or any other Popeyes since.

Why would I, since I wont get what I ordered?

-----

Hello;

I am writing to you regarding the Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen that recently opened in Harrison, AR (#14222).

As someone who grew up on Popeye's Chicken, I was delighted to see that we were getting one, and downloaded the app in anticipation.

Since then, I've ordered from this location three times (twice via the app, once in-store). Each time, there has been an issue.

The first time, I arrived at the location and had to wait 20 minutes for them to get to me at the carry out window, then another 10 minutes to get my order. Fortunately I got exactly what I ordered, and chalked it up to the store being relatively new. That was order number 3172:

Offer - 2 Can Dine Spicy

$9.99

1pc Wing Spicy

1pc Breast Spicy

1pc Thigh Spicy

Regular Cajun Fries

Regular Mashed Potatoes With Cajun Gravy

Biscuits

On the second order, I waited longer to arrive at the location to give them more time to prepare.

This time I used the drive-thru. When I got to the intercom, they hadn't even received the order yet! I had to tell them what my order was, and they still didn't get it right. This was order number 42848:

1/4 Popcorn Shrimp Dinner

1pc Breast Spicy

1pc Thigh Spicy

Regular Mashed Potatoes With Cajun Gravy

Biscuits

The issue with the order itself was minor - biscuits were missing (I call it minor, but you know the biscuits are a big deal.

LOL).

So, since there had been issues with using the app both times, for the third time I went into the store. This was my biggest order, at $44.39, and also the biggest problem. They didn't even come close to what the meal was supposed to be, at least not in the chicken. The order number was 73271-4****-24010-2****.

What we were supposed to receive was:

12pc Signature Chicken Family Meal - $34.99

6 Biscuit

Large Mashed Potatoes With Cajun Gravy

Large Beans & Rice

12PC CUSTOM 3pc Breast Classic 3pc Leg Spicy 3pc Thigh Spicy 3pc Wing Classic

Bottled Water - $1.75

Lg Dr Pepper - $3.39

It is hard to mess up drinks, sides, and biscuits (even though they managed the latter once). But the chicken is a different story. What we received was: 1pc Breast Classic 2pc Thigh Classic 3pc Leg Spicy 1pc Leg Classic 3pc Thigh Spicy 2pc Wing Classic

I cannot figure how a classic wing and 2 classic breasts became a classic leg and 2 classic thighs. This is a major mistake, and was disappointing for us since the classic was for my wife and the spicy was for me.

What was supposed to be two meals with leftovers became one meal, plus leftovers for me but not what I would have ordered for myself since the whole point (for me) of going to Popeye's is the spicy chicken. If I wanted plain fried chicken, I could get it at the grocery store 4 blocks from the Popeye's for less than half the price.

It is beyond annoying that I have to travel 25 miles round trip to get to Popeye's, and every time the order is messed up.

And frankly, this isn't exclusive to the Harrison location. I had a big problem with a 12pc family box in Little Rock a few years back, too. I never got that straightened out - not because I wasn't contacted, but because I was supposed to go there for a replacement box but that's almost 3 hours from here.

So that's TWO 12pc boxes that have had issues from Popeye's.

I am very disappointed overall in where a restaurant I grew up with seems to have degenerated to. At this point, it may as well be Cajun's on Canal Street. At least they had a buffet when they were open.

In the May 10 email, the following was added, making the Harrison Popeyes 0 for 4 - thats worse than a Mike Ditka Saints season!:

On May 3 (04:08:31PM, transaction number 96), on the way to check my wife in to the hospital for surgery, she was hungry. We stopped at Popeye's again and she ordered a chicken sandwich.

We got the back and lit off for the hospital almost 2 hours away. She pulled the "sandwich" from the bag, and it was nuggets! How in the heck could they get it that wrong?

I thought it was bad when they didn't know a leg from a wing or a breast from a thigh!Please respond, this is getting ridiculous! Transaction ID: 36241-5****-34010-2****

User's recommendation: Check all orders AT THE COUNTER. No drive-thru.

Angela M Jsv

| map-marker Flint, Michigan

Horrible services & getting the run around

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Horrible services & getting the run around
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Horrible services & getting the run around - Image 2

I've been to this one several times as it is the closest and only thing near my work. The service is lousy to say the least.

The pop is either out or flat. They very seldom have correct change and when they do they have to search for it. I've been there a couple of times where they didn't have any silverware or lids for their mashed potatoes. Do you know what it's like eating hot mashed potatoes with gravy with no spoon?

It sucks to say the least!

I had the same problem when I was served macaroni and cheese with no spoon. The bathroom needs to have toilet paper in the holder and that's sitting on the trash can and they need to remove the hand sanitizer completely from the wall as they've only left the back of it so it makes the place look trashy.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Close to work
Cons:
  • Pop is either flat or out seldom has change place not kept up well
  • Staff does not allow me to use email coupons
  • Staff does not know how to use its own app

Preferred solution: I'd like to use the free food, but staff does not know how to use the app so they refuse to allow me to use the emails

User's recommendation: My recommendation to Future customers is know what you want have exact change and don't ask for a drink and bring your own silverware

Baby D Nxd

| map-marker Clarksville, Tennessee

Bloody Chicken Alert!

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Bloody Chicken Alert!
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Bloody Chicken Alert! - Image 2
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Bloody Chicken Alert! - Image 3
While starving, I received bloody chicken from Popeyes and without a hesitation I bit into said chicken (it was dark, movie night). Fully trusting this companies health and safety standard would be upheld Angry behold! Crispy juicy chicken? No, crispy bloody chicken! As a longtime customer I am beyond dissatisfied, what is the explanation for this and what will be done ?? i have all of my receipts!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Stale
  • Crunchy stale rice
  • Bloody

Preferred solution: compensation for this Food poisoning!!!

User's recommendation: Please Inspect your food! Don’t trust these restaurants just because they’re popular does not mean you wont find puddles of blood in your chicken!

Cecilia N Aqb

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Complaint

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Complaint
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Complaint - Image 2

Hello, my husband went to our local Popeyes located on cottage grove and 47th st, he ordered two meals, one meal asked for 2 thighs, and I open the box only got a thigh and a tiny little bitty leg, fries were not fresh, asked for jalapeños didnt get those, was at the speaker and the person taking his order kept rushing him telling him to pull up to the window while he was trying to get our order in which indicated that they werent even listening to his order, money is very hard to be made these days so when you go to a restaurant and order food you expect everything to be as you ordered it, Im tired of it, this is the time to start saying something so something can be done because its just annoying and irritating. I cant give proof of purchase because they never gave me my receipt. Thank you!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Food is good when it is fresh
Cons:
  • Do not care about servicing you freshly
  • Food is rarely fresh
  • Do not care about great customer service

Preferred solution: Do better cause this is a shame!

Chanel G Euv

| map-marker Kolkata, West Bengal

Item quality issues

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Item quality issues
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Item quality issues - Image 2
I had ordered my food thru doordash.com. When I received my food it's cold and I tried to get my refund back, they said I couldn't get a refund. I do not understand how my dessert biscuits was warm and my actual food which was shrimp box combo, 6 piece ghost pepper wings, and 5 piece tender dinner. I can't find the order/contract ID on my receipt.

Resolved
Binta M Psa

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Resolved: Missing order

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Missing order
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Missing order - Image 2
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Missing order - Image 3
I ordered for a 24pc chicken wings with two mango passion fruit drinks I received my chicken but didnt receive the drinks nor a refund when my dasher asked for the drinks they said it wasnt available so why didnt I get a refund or not informed
Billy M Tsf

| map-marker Corpus Christi, Texas

Worst customer service ever

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Worst customer service ever
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Worst customer service ever - Image 2
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Worst customer service ever - Image 3
Updated by user Oct 09, 2023

No changes . Have not been contacted yet by anyone.

Original review Oct 02, 2023
I ordered at the drive-through. When I ordered it said the recording and then I started to order.

A guy came over the intercom and said hold on Im busy and then a girl started talking to me asking me what my order was and I was confused as whether to order or not so I ordered, I go through the drive-through window. I pay for my food when the guy gives me my change back half of the coins fall to the ground and he doesnt even acknowledge it. I know he knew it happened. Then I sit at the window for a few minutes, and he hands me a big bag of food.

Grant, you I only ordered one five piece chicken strip combo . I put the bag in the passenger seat then he comes back to the window and asked me whats in the bag. I told him I dont know you gave it to me you dont know whats in it? He asked for the bag back and then he asked me what I ordered and I told him and then he told me that it was going to be three more minutes for the Blackened strips to cook for me to pull around.

so I pull around and I sit out there for another 15 minutes before I got out of the car and went back inside. Mind you the car that was sitting in front of me. She got out and got her food and it was the bag that he tried to give me previously she had to go and get her food also so when I go inside, I stand at the counter for about three minutes before anyone even acknowledges me, and the guy that I ordered with through the drive through window turn around and saw me and just ignored me. The person who acknowledged me was the manager.

I asked her how long is it supposed to take for me to get my food? She asked me what I ordered and I said the blackened strips. She looked at the guy and he said I told him to put them on three or four times. Then she walks over to the kitchen and looks and my order hasnt even been started.

Then she proceeds to ask me what I ordered what my sides were . At that point, I just told her to give me a refund at which time she acted like I was out of my mind. Then she comes over and asked me if I can give her back the change that he gave me so that she could just give me back a 20 and I told her no because half the change he gave me fell on the ground outside the drive-through window. Then she gives me my change and asked me to sign a receipt saying that she gave me a refund.

I asked her for her name several times at which she ignored me. When I signed the receipt, she tried to take it back from me, and I told her not until she wrote her name down . She wrote down the name Jackie on a piece of paper, but I would be very surprised if that is what her name is. The service I got here was the worst service ever.

There was no offer of reconciliation or even any feeling as they were sorry that I had been waiting for 20 to 25 minutes. When I call Popeyes customer service and I cant even speak to a person. I have to leave my phone number my email which now I will probably get a bunch of Popeyes spam. Then I get text messages and Im telling them what happened and she offers me a five dollar discount.

I will most likely never go back there.

There are plenty other establishments that serve Louisiana cuisine.
I have a small business and if i ever treated a customer like this i would be bashed all over social media. Maybe thats whats necessary.
Pros:
  • Food when you actually get it
Cons:
  • Employee service
  • Lack of employees
  • Lack of customer service completely

Preferred solution: Proper training for the Manager. At least her to act like she cares. The employees could also use some training on customer service what to drive-through if everyone has to get out and get their own food.

User's recommendation: Stay far away till they have adequate management and employees that even care to be there.

Guest

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz. "Cuisine" ? Hardly.

Guest

You should have been given double your money back, a sincere apology, plus they should have given you the meal that you had ordered and given you a couple of pies as well.

Denetra Eyn
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2400377

Hope you are being sarcastic. He is NOT entitled to anything but what he lost.

Help me

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2400154

To push you off a tall building? No problem at all

View more comments (4)
Ramona S Kfj

| map-marker Spring Hill, Florida

Customer complaint

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Customer complaint
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Customer complaint - Image 2
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Customer complaint - Image 3

1st time reaching out to your Corp. but we always have issues @ our only Popeyes in town.

Tonight was the normal response when wanting a 16 pc meal being told the wait is 25 mins. No problem even yet the employees are always not giving receipts, telling my family their atm & debit are down. They will ask us to go next door to a bank we dont even use to pay cash. However tonight, I waited the time, got food with no receipt, went back inside to ask for it, only to learn she gave me somebody elses receipt for a total of 22.55 when my meal was exactly 55.80 .

Get home, see that, & that we was given Mac & cheese thats down right gross, as is the chicken. I took photos & have ordered pizza now. This location does these things every time we attempt to eat there. Kept hoping employees would change but never have sadly.

Your Co. should send a secret stopper, its happening to everyone we know in our town now. They are running a crap show & stealing money from it. I promise you this is all true.

I did take hours too if you are interested.

Wrong receipt , & the food. HELP our location be better please!!

User's recommendation: Stay away until this is resolved

DAWN T Hnu

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Horrible food

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Horrible food
I ordered lunch due to work. My uber driver was awesome by the way. I ordered 3 pieces spicy. Recited 3 piece not spicy amd old chicken. I'm very disappointed in my order. I can't go take it back because I'm at work, but please make sure this does not happen again. The store is located on victory in Savannah Ga. And Yes, i have pictures
Melissa S Foj

Verified Reviewer

Cistomer service is nonexistent and incompetent

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Cistomer service is nonexistent and incompetent

I ordered delivery through their app and received someone elses order that did not. The system gave me a refund then immediately took the money out because the escalation team seems to have an issue with comprehension .

I sent an email showing them a receipt of what i received and it even said this ,and the refund being taken out of my account immediately and they said they couldn't help me because i didnt order through the app and i did order through the app and sent a screenshot of my order.you cant even speak with an actual person except through email.

Totally unacceptable. They also print your full name and number on the receipt which someone else received.

Loss:
Cons:
  • No actual customer service reps to speak with on the phone
  • Incompetent escalation team
  • Full name and number printed on delivery receipt

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not order delivery through the app

GWENDOLYN B Mxh

| map-marker Oakland, California

TERRIBLE FOOD EXPERIENCE

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - TERRIBLE FOOD EXPERIENCE

ON 2//22024@8:49 PM, AFTER WAITING IN DRIVE THROUGH LINE FOR MORE THAN 25 MINUTES I REACHED THE SPEAKER AND ORDERED 6 WINGS ONLY FOR $5.99 IN MILD. WHEN I ARRIVED AT THE WINDOW THE CLERK TOLD ME $12.99 (I THINK) i STATED FOR 6 WINGS ON THE BOARD THAT STATES $5.99.

SHE THEN SAID FOR 6 WINGS AND 2 OREO CHEESECAKE. I TOLD HER THAT WAS NOT MY ORDER. SHE FROWNED AND CLOSED WINDOW. YELLED IN THE DIRECTION OF THE COOK THAT SHE STILL NEEDED THOSE 6 WINGS.

AFTER MORE TIME SHE FINALLY GOT MY WINGS AND I LEFT. I THEN PULLED OVER TO CHECK MY WINGS SINCE THE WERE IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER. THE CONTAINER HAD 6 WINGS WITH SAUCE ON THEM. I HAD TO TURN AROUND AND DRIVE BACK BECAUSE NO ONE WAS ANSWERING THE PHONE.

I WALKED UP TO WINDOW AND GAVE TO A MALE WITH MY RECIEPT AND HE SAID THE MANAGER IS HANDLING THIS. HE RETURNED FEW MINUTES LATER WITH A BOX, I LEFT AGAIN. WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE STREET I DECIDED TO TRY ONE OF THE WINGS AND TO MY BURNT TONGUE THE WERE SPICY AS *** I NEVER ORDERED SPICY WINGS AND I DECIDED TO NOT GO BACK, WHICH I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER GO TO THAT POPEYE'S AGAIN. SO NOW I AM OUT OF MONEY, WASTED TIME AND NO TOLERANCE FOR THEIR DUMBNESS.

I HAD TO GO TO ANOTHER FOOD ESTABLISHMENT AND GET ME SOMETHING TO EAT BECAUSE I AM DIABETIC AND I REALLY NEEDED SOMETHING TO EAT SO I COULD TAKE MY INSULIN. THIS 2ND FOOD ORDER COST ME $10.00. NOW I AM REALLY PISSED WITH POPEYE'S BECAUSE I AM OUT OF $16.00 BECAUSE YOUR EMPLOYEES AT STORE #10613, 216-252-**** ORDER NUMBER 660 TAKEN BY HOST JAKIYAH #70149 WAS COMPLETELY WRONG AND YOUR ESTABLISHMENT FAILED TO CANCEL THAT ORDER AND RERING IT SO THAT MY RECIEPT REFLECTED WHAT I TRULY ORDER AND THEN I WOULD NOT HAVE RECIEVED SPICY *** WINGS THAT I COULD NOT EAT. I AM A RETIRED FORMER FAST FOOD WORKER AND HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE GIVEN SUCH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

MY MONEY IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND I AM THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED AT THE LEVEL OF SERVICE AND NON-CARE IN SERVICE INDUSTRY. WITHOUT OUR DOLLARS SUPPORTING YOURS AND OTHER ESSENTIAL SERVICES ALL YOUR BUSINESSES WOULD CEASE TO EXIST. I ATTRIBUTE THE DISCONNET TO POOR OR LITTLE TRAINING OF THE WORKERS THAT ARE BEING HIRED AND LACK OF CORPORATE TO ENSURE THAT THE CUSTOMERS AREI BEING SERVICED PROPERLY. THERE IS TOO MUCH TECHNOLOGY IN THE WORLD NOT TO BE ON TOP OF YOUR BUSINESS AND SEE IF THE CONSUMERS ARE GETTING WHAT THEY PAY FOR AND THE BEST TREATMENT POSSIBLE.

THIS WHY CUSTOMER RETENTION IS SO HARD TO ACHIEVE NOW. CUSTOMERS NEED TO KNOW THAT THEIR PATRONAGE IS APPRECIATED AND YOU CAN'T SHOW THIS IN A COMMERCIAL OR ADVERTISEMENT.

THANK YOU A VERY VERY UNHAPPY CONSUMER.

Loss:
Pros:
  • I use to think convience
Cons:
  • Poor customer service not getting what you ordered

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: TRIPLE CHECK YOUR FOOD AND RECIEPT BEFORE YOU LEAVE STORE

Claudia M Jku

| map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Terrible service

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Terrible service

I recently ordered from your establishment on April 1 2024 and was excited to try sweet and spicy wings . I have always heard great things about your food and was looking forward to the experience.

Unfortunately, I must share that my experience did not meet my expectations.

The food I received was dry and lacked the flavor I was anticipating. This was surprising and disappointing, especially considering the positive reviews Ive seen.

I attempted to reach out via telephone shortly after my order to discuss this directly and see if there was a possibility for a resolution but was unable to get through to someone who could assist.

I am reaching out through this email not to complain but in the hope that this feedback is helpful for you. I understand that every restaurant can have an off day, and I believe in constructive feedback to support local businesses in providing the best possible experience to their customers.

Could we perhaps discuss this matter further?

I would appreciate the opportunity to revisit my experience in a way that is more reflective of the high standards I know you hold for your food and customer service.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message. I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Claudia

Pros:
  • Spicy wings was good
Cons:
  • Staff does not know how to use its own app
  • Service and attitude of the empioyee performance
  • Lied to about purchasing a menu item

User's recommendation: Open the box check your food before you drive away

Featured
Mark W Bdg

| map-marker Brampton, Ontario

Uncooked chicken food

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Uncooked chicken food
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Uncooked chicken food - Image 2
Uncooked chicken food I am not sure what else you guys want me to write but the food is disgusting I cant believe Bike I hate this I am feeling sick Im not sure what to do right now can someone please contact me and let me know should I go to the hospital to get a tetanus shot is this thing got E. coli on it or whatever its just blood I cant believe this is happening in my back six 474692- **** I am so panicking right Now
Resolved
Linda Y Oyd

Resolved: Missing items

Updated by user May 04, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Applied a $10 discount on their app. However I still do not recommend using it

Original review Apr 18, 2024
Im totally disappointed. I placed an order on the app and had a delivered via DoorDash.

Some of my items were missing. I called DoorDash. I was told since I placed it through the merchant I had to call them. I called the merchant I was told I had to call DoorDash to get it re-delivered, Ive been getting the runaround between DoorDash and Popeyes.

I just want what I paid for which was very overpriced. I use the app and you never get to chat with a live person it is all automated. I just want what I paid for without having to wait damn near a week for it. It was overpriced already.

I am truly disappointed. I will not use that app again nor will I go to Popeyes or use DoorDash in fact I have Amazon and they provide free delivery with GrubHub. Either way, this is horrible customer service. I just want what I paid for without having to wait two days for a medium Coke and some napkins.

Again, a customer service is horrible. I will not be using you guys again.
Cons:
  • Overpriced & blame shift

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Overpriced an Horrible App

Savannah M Dgc

Service

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Service

My experience was terrible. The last time I went to this popeyes it took 20 minutes to even PLACE my order.

I just keep being told to hold on. Not only that, THERE WERE NO CARS IN FRONT OF ME. That happened the last time I went. This time, I was hoping for better service but I was wrong.

I kept being told to wait and they will be with me in a second but service was terrible. The drive through should not take that long!!! I worked fast food at taco bell so I know how the lines work and it should never take that long to place an order and receive the food. That was just the ordering.

The food was terrible. Not only were the buns STALE on the chicken sandwiches, but the food was cold and disgusting. The chicken was nothing but hard fried pieces, barely any chicken. I was charged extra for sauce.

My family was disgusted by the food, and we had to throw it all away. I AM DISAPPOINTED. That Popeyes's needs corporate to come look at their store ASAP. They need to be shutdown, or new management.

I want a refund for my order and wow I wish I could refund my other order too.

I am so SO disappointed in the service I have received from that Popeyes's. And it's the closest one which is the only reason why I go there.

This Popeyes is located in California, address- 3848 McKinley St, Corona, CA 92879

Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible service
  • Long drive through wait
  • Terrible management

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: don’t waste your time and money going!!!!