8K views
2.1

I recently moved to Texas from Kansas , they do not offer onion rings in north east Texas . I went back to Kansas and ate at a Popeyes only to find that they switched onion rings to a frozen type that is not even close to the original.

I'm very disappointed , you're onion rings were the best, not anymore . Many people in Texas say they remember having onion rings here and don't know why they were discontinued .

I would think this is an item that would not be regional , but offered in all locations. You're onion rings were part of what made your restaurant what it is.

Reason of review: No onion rings-changed onion rings.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Sherman, Texas

Comments

In my area, the Popeyes owners seem totally ambivalent to the quality of the chicken. The obviously sell dried-out reheated chicken from the previous day.

However, the real reason I quit going to Popeyes is they discontinued the original onion ring. It appears Popeyes Corporate only cares about pleasing their militant franchisees and the consumer is not important.

i agree I have not been back since they stopped selling onion rings. they were the best around Please bring back the original ones

@PissedConsumer2139606

Since Covid you can’t find their onion rings, very sad. Please bring them back!!!

I haven't been to Popeye's Chicken since they discontinued the onion rings. Very, very disappointed.

#2098654

I agree. They were the main reason I went to Popeyes

@PissedConsumer2098654

I was told onion rings were discontinued because of covid. How in the *** does that even make sense...

#2082912

Their onion rings were the best anywhere. We really want them back.

#2072148

I WAS APPALLED WHEN I WENT TO POPEYE'S IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA, AND NONE WERE SELLING POPCORN SHRIMP OR ONION RINGS. THE MAIN REASON MY FAMILY AND I GO TO POPEYE'S, IS FOR THE ONION RINGS!!!!!

"NO RINGS NO VISIT!!" THEY HAVE CUT 1/2 THEIR SIDES; NO CORN, GREEN BEANS, CAJUN RICE OR ONION RINGS. WHAT DO WE NEED POPEYE'S FOR?????? I CAN TELL YOU, MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVE STOPPED GOING TO POPEYES, BECAUSE IF THE ONLY THING THEY'RE GOING TO SELL BASICALLY, IS CHICKEN, POTATOES AND FRIES, WE CAN GET THAT ANYWHERE!!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE BRING THE O RINGS BACK OR I WON'T BE BACK!!!!!!!!

POPEYE'S MUST HAVES ARE POPCORN SHRIMP, MASHED POTATOES & GRAVY & ONION RINGS!!! 100% WE WILL NOT BE GOING BACK UNLESS THINGS CHANGE.

WHEN YOU START CUTTING CORNERS, YOU START LOSING BUSINESS!!!! MAYBE POPEYE'S DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT.....HMMMMMMM

#2072178
@PissedConsumer2072148

Try eating a healthy meal

#2026608

I agree 100%. Well not going back, anytime soon.

Use to go at least 4 times a week for lunch an at least 2 times a week for dinner. NO ONION RINGS, NO MORE OF MY BUSINESS.

SMART MOVE CORP. NOT

#2050653
@PissedConsumer2026608

No onion rings…. Other chicken places to eat

#2016155

We went to Popeye’s specifically for their onion rings. What was corporate thinking to d/c them from the menu? Chick Fil A gained a new customer.

#2068113
#2006234

I know. The onion rings are the best!

And made to order. Very disappointing.

Companies always get rid of the good stuff. So sad.

#2050652
@PissedConsumer2006234

Bring back the onion rings!!!

#1990562

Totally agree. Popeye’s onion rings were awesome and the number one reason we ate there. You’ve lost a devoted customer.

#2016159
@PissedConsumer1990562

This was the topic of conversation at work. We always ordered lunch from Popeyes on a weekly basis, because of their rings. They just lost a loyal customer.

#1987914

Ditto

#1987619

It's no longer Popeyes with out onion ring. Big Corp and bean counters always ruin a good thing.

You can't call it Louisiana Kitchen either.

It's a New Orleans tradition that ain't der no more. See Popeyes I will be going to Churchs or KFC from now on.

#2016166